- Warm Up Questions
- What were Marcus Garvey’s goals?
- Why were Garvey’s goals not achieved?
- What did the writers of the Harlem Renaissance emphasize?
- Clips from America in the 20th Century: Roaring Twenties Video
- Review Essential Question #3
- 1920s Test, Part 2
You will create a “one pager” (“two pager,” if working with a partner) to review the Roaring 1920s. You will either use Google Slides (1 slide if by yourself, 2 if with a partner), Canva (1 slide if by yourself, 2 if with a partner), or one of the attached PDF templates (1 PDF if by yourself, 2 if with a partner). Part 1 will be within the main part of your slide(s), whereas Part 2 will be in the outside borders (see: templates). Final pager(s) will need to be uploaded to Canvas (if working with a partner, both people will need to attach to the assignment)
Your final product needs to use a combination of words and images to demonstrate an understanding of 6 of the following (12 of the following, if working with a partner):
- a discovery (science, archaeology, medicine, agricultural, consumer related, etc)
- changing economic habits (personal and government)
- clothing trends/changes
- consumerism changes
- gender differences
- generational differences
- racial tensions
- regional issue/concern/difference
- rise of organized crime
- urban/rural divide
Regardless of which template you choose, in the border, you must respond to ONE of the following (TWO, if working with a partner) in the border(s) of your final product:
- Why were the 1920s filled with political, social, and economic extremes?
- How did culture change in the 1920s?
- Were the 1920s a “return to normalcy?” Why or why not?